“Tech should be built for
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- How VPNs secure your information and prevent unwanted
informationgetting to your devices.
- How ads and
third partytracker are not only annoying,but cost us money and make our technology less valuable.
- The future of
an ad-freeuser experience.
- The use of ad-blockers and whether they are as effective as we think.
- The new privacy laws that protect consumers from data breaches.
- How companies can exercise more responsibility around their data practices to both protect the user and create success for their business.
- What product managers and coders can do to support these companies who are willing to change their data practices for good.
- What dark patterns are and how they apply to data and tracking.
- Why it’s possible to collect data in moderation and still experience the benefits of analytics.
- HQ Network’s view of data collecting and their ethical approach to their data practices.
- A recent Facebook scandal and how it relates to user research.
- How consumers can protect their data and exercise safety while online.
- Facebook, as an example of a company that uses less than perfect data practices.
- Sally Hubbard
- Google Analytics
- App Store
- Enterprise Certificate
- Troy Hunt
- Katharine Hargreaves
- Stuart Turner
If you enjoy this episode, you might enjoy my conversation with Sally Hubbard: Google and Facebook are Monopolies: Does it matter?