In this episode of Innovation For All, Sheana Ahlqvist speaks with Sally Hubbard, antitrust expert and investigative journalist at The Capitol Forum. Learn whether giant tech companies are building monopolies (spoiler alert: they are) and why that unfair advantage matters.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What is Antitrust law?
- Is fake news an antitrust problem?
- How monopolies amplify inequality
- What would it look like to unmonopolize big tech companies?
As an antitrust expert and investigative journalist, Sally Hubbard has forged a successful career specializing in tech platforms, competition and regulatory risk. Currently leading The Capitol Forum’s coverage of monopolization issues, Sally’s expertise in antitrust and tech giants, including Google, Apple, Facebook, and Amazon, yields predictive analysis of regulatory outcomes. Sally founded and hosts Women Killing It!, a podcast series that interviews career rockstars to find out what has worked for them, how they got where they are today, and what they wish they knew sooner.
- The Capitol Forum
- Women Killing It! (Podcast)
- Techopoly (Podcast)
- How Widespread Is Labor Monopsony? By Marshall Steinbaum
- The Four: The Hidden DNA of Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google By Scott Galloway
CONNECT WITH SALLY