Cassie Betts is the founder of District2.Co, a technology company that connects brands/designers with factories to streamline the manufacturing process, and Made In South LA (MISLA), a DevShop Academy. In this episode of the Innovation For All Podcast, learn how Cassie went from being homeless to being called “The Woman Turning South LA into Startup Land” by Forbes.
- How Cassie Betts started her entrepreneurship and coding interests in her youth.
- Battling Sexism and Racism in the technology industry.
- Leveraging past experiences and using them for success.
- What District2 is and its mission.
- The current state of the fashion industry with regards to innovative technology.
- How the District2 platform has streamlined the fashion industry process.
- Challenges faced by the fashion industry with manufacturers.
- What is Made in South LA (MISLA).
- How MISLA is trying to change the current economic situation by offering training to high paying tech jobs.
- Problems of underrepresented minorities in the technology industry and possible solutions.
- Training approach to help the ill effects of gentrification in communities.
- Salvation Army
- Made in South LA
- Code District
- Jussie Smollett
- Vermont Slauson Economic Development
- Plug in South LA
- Positive Results Corporation
- The Limitless Academy
- Brotherhood Crusade
- Black Women in Tech
- TeamWork Team Studios