Minda Harts is the author of The Memo: What Women Need to Know to Secure a Seat at the Table. In this episode of the Innovation For All podcast, Minda describes why “Lean In” didn’t resonate with her workplace experience. Learn how women of color can break through workplace barriers and have a more active voice in their careers.
In this episode you’ll learn
- What career growth for women of color means
- Minda’s take on the book Lean In
- Things that women of color need to be doing to advance their careers
- Should women of color practice self-advocacy more?
- How to obtain and secure a seat at the table
- What the experience for women of color is in the workplace
- Leading Diverse Talent course: Talent Development
- Networking and career advice from Minda
Links and Mentions
- The Memo LLC
- Secure the Seat
- The Memo: What Women need to know to secure a seat at the Table
- Sherrl Sandberg – Lean in
- Katherine Zalski
- Kishau Rogers
- Dr. Emily Amhalt
- Soul Cycle
More about Minda
Minda Harts, the founder of The Memo LLC, a digital career education platform dedicated helping women of color climb the corporate ladder. She is also an assistant professor at NYU’s Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service. Minda was also chosen by the General Assembly to serve as one of their Dream Mentors, alongside women like Cindy Gallop. Secure The Seat is her weekly career podcast for women of color.